Sunday, March 4, 2012

Group Leadership Project: Final Presentation

This project has been a very rewarding one for me. The technology my group decided to do our tutorial on is Weebly. We all have had experience with this tool and thought it would be a great resource to "show off" to other educators. The technology we chose for the presentation was Google Presentation (like PowerPoint) and Jing. We chose these technologies because we were familiar with them and they were simple enough to use while also giving us a quality final product. The final video is in three parts with each of us speaking about our assigned section.

One of my concerns with the project was uniformity. It was easy enough to divide the information into three parts, but I wish that we could have had one final video with one speaker. Also, we ran into some problems with Weebly today which reminded me that we cannot rely on technology. We should have made sure to record earlier. Overall, though, I think the project turned out pretty well.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    Nice work with the "basic" features. I just taught my Technology in Education class how to create a Weebly site last night...I agree with you about the ease of use. You gave a great snapshot for how to get off to a successful start.

    For some reason, your embedded videos were acting up...I don't know if it was my computer, or if there was something funky with the embed code. I was only able to watch one video on your blog. Oddly enough, I could view a different screencast on each group members' blog...

    Although I don't mind the, "divide and conquer" approach, it would have been a good idea to create a separate location for all of the screencasts. That way, you could share the website (or wiki, or whatever) with other people (as opposed to sharing your blog). Just my thoughts... :)

    The final presentation came together nicely, yet, the collaboration was hit or miss. I'll agree that online collaboration can be difficult at times, however, the effort you put forth, and the flexibility you demonstrated should have been better. You were often on different pages. In an accelerated program it is essential to work more cohesively.

    Thank you for your work with Weebly.

    ReplyDelete