Saturday, December 17, 2011

CEP 811 Final Thoughts

     It has been a great 8 weeks for me in my most recent MSU Educational Technology course. It has been hard to keep up with the pace at times with all my regular teaching obligations, but I am definitely glad I took the course. I've learned a lot and also reevaluated my current practices to improve my teaching. One of the most valuable technology tools that I was able to improve my use of is PowerPoint through the StAIR (Stand Alone Instructional Resource) project. Through this project, I created an interactive presentation that I was able to use in my class right away. My students enjoyed being asked questions throughout the presentation, rather than having to take notes. They also liked working at their own pace. I also really appreciated the Quizlet aspect because it gave me a record of students learning. I will definitely be creating more of these presentations in the future. I also appreciated learning about FileZilla and my AFS space. I had never heard of these technologies before and now know their purpose and how to use them effectively.
   I also appreciated the reminder that it's not all about the technology, it's about using the technology well. I am encouraged to not be overwhelmed and keep working to integrate technology that is meaningful and enhances the teaching I am already doing. This is really my goal and will continue to be as I keep working toward my Master's in Educational Technology: to be a more effective educator by integrating technology in a meaningful way that improves student learning. There is no use in wasting my time and losing instructional time on unnecessary technologies. I need to find my niche.
    

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear the StAIR was a good experience and that you plan to continue creating/using this type of activity. Good luck with the rest of your courses and finding your technology integration niche.

    ReplyDelete