There are many ways to use photos in education. For example, last year in my U.S. History class, students completed a final project on the American Civil War using a program called Photo Story. For the assignment, students had to gather photos, upload them to Photo Story, organize them, add descriptions if desired, and then audio record important facts. A great resource for my student for this project would be Flickr. Students can use Creative Commons images on this site (images that students are legally allowed to use because their copyright has been modified to allow for more creativity and sharing on the Internet) and upload them to Photo Story. Flickr is also useful for me as an educator as I create presentations for my class and build my website.
Here is an image that my students and I could use in a U.S. History presentation. I found the image on Flickr by searching Creative Commons images.
I have uploaded a photo of my own to Flickr from my recent vacation to northern Minnesota. The image is licensed using Creative Commons. Feel free to check it out and consider signing up for a Flickr account yourself!
Here is an image that my students and I could use in a U.S. History presentation. I found the image on Flickr by searching Creative Commons images.
No comments:
Post a Comment