Sunday, February 12, 2012

Leadership Project Part A: Brainstorm

For the brainstorming session of our Group Leadership Project, we used Vyew (web conferencing tool) and Jing to record our session. I really liked using Vyew - it was free and allowed our group members to communicate easily and efficiently by either typing in the shared document or typing in the messaging section on the side. None of us chose to use a microphone, but we were able to communicated very quickly and decide nail down our project plans in a very short amount of time. One of our group members set up the "room" and typed an agenda for us so we could keep our discussion focussed. I thought that was a great idea.

We also used Jing to record our session. The biggest downfall was that Jing has a recording time limit, which resulted in us having several recordings of the session. The group member that was doing the recording had to be responsible for starting a new one when necessary. However, and advantage is that Jing is also free and very simple to use.

Overall, the collaboration session went very well. We have decided to do a tutorial on website creation using Weebly. We will use Jing for this as well, and have divided up the work among the three members. We have created a Google Document for creating our script and storyboard. I am looking forward to a quality project!

Here are the links for our session:
Recording 1
Recording 2
Recording 3
Recording 4

2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    I agree that the session went very well. I am going to try and see if I can afford to get a full version of Jing, so that we can record as long as we want. That way, our videos don't have to be split. I'd also like to see if there is a way to get all the videos and edit them with some software.

    Anyways, I look forward to our next collaboration.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your group was able to get a lot done, and successfully accomplish the outlined tasks for the meeting.

    Weebly will be a great PD tutorial. I look forward to learning from you!

    I wish you would have been able to "talk" to each other. Simply chatting via text is not taking advantage of Vyew. Everything you accomplished could have been done easily in a Google Doc.

    Good luck as you put together the script and storyboard!

    ReplyDelete